Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Chanel Resortwear 2009 Collection

Karl Lagerfeld put together a little bit of everything - good, bad, and ugly - for his 2009 Resortwear Collection.


The first outfit reminds me of a Picasso pierrot painting. The suit is gorgeously graphic and very Chanel. And the third dress reminded me of Coco Mademoiselle spokesmodel Keira Knightley. Must be the plunging neckline revealing bony chest....


The matching girl and boy outfits look more like something from Target. Or Tar-jay. And is the third model wrapped in a baby blanket?


The one-shouldered look is still popular and Lagerfeld offers a few streamlined versions. Plus some interesting pattern blocked whites. The third look is clean and polished, yet busy at the same time.


I'm not feeling the menswear in this collection. The dress, however, is terrific.


Love the first dress. She looks like a very fancy little cupcake. The silver jacket is fine for both sexes I suppose (Karl wore one himself to the Costume Institute Gala) but I think it looks better on the woman. And a shirt might be nice. ;)


There were lots of feathers in the collection as well, and these are three of my favorites. Although I wish the center jacket were sheer mesh rather than what appears to be tinted plastic. Wouldn't the first dress be dynamite on Gwyneth Paltrow?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin