Friday, February 8, 2008

I'm Baaack!

After a whirlwind three days in New York City attending Mercedes Benz Fashion Week, I am back home and ready to report, albeit with a nasty cold. Never fear - that will not stop this intrepid reporter from getting the news to you, yadda yadda, etc. :)

So let me tell you a little about my trip before I get into the shows themselves. On Tuesday I took a train into Manhattan and met up with my friend and fellow blogger, Diane. Both being perfume fanatics, we of course spent some time at Bergdorf Goodman testing the new Guerlain fragrances before heading to our first show of the week, Eventide. Somehow they didn't merit lots of media coverage, so I can't find photos. I did find this quickie YouTube video of the show's end, however:


I didn't realize how much waiting around was involved in attending fashion shows! But even though I had standing room passes for every show, patience and persistence won out and I was able to eventually score a seat for all of them.

Wednesday was a much busier day. First thing in the morning we attended the Malan Breton show. Immediately following that was Nanette Lapore. Then Diane and I headed off to Robert Verdi's Luxe Lounge - a swank pad where the exhausted fashionista could get her hair and makeup refreshed. It was really quite nice to be complemented on the way I did my eye makeup and to be told that I have beautiful skin! There was also plenty of food and drink (I had a hummus and roasted veggie sandwich) a huge flat-screen TV, and comfy couches on which to relax from the hectic pace of the tents. Robert Verdi himself was there. I loved him on the Discovery show, Surprise by Design because he seemed like a really down-to-earth, unpretentious, fun guy. The more I see of him, the more I like him. So when he came over and introduced himself to us, I handed him a business card and blurted out, "I love you!" He seemed surprised for only a nanosecond before he replied, "I love you too." Boy, I did I feel dumb and fangirly! Eva Longoria also made an appearance at the Lounge for a short while.

Diane wasn't feeling well so left for home on Wednesday afternoon, leaving me to attend Thursday's Bill Blass and Reem Acra shows on my own. I also did some more fragrance shopping and had quite the extravagant lunch (which you'll have to read about in my food blog...).

More on the shows to come!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin