Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Fall 2008 Fashion Week - Reem Acra

I fell in love with Reem Acra bridal when I was shopping for my wedding dress back in 2000. The fanciful creations of this Lebanese-American designer were not really my personal style (I wanted a far simpler wedding gown), but I appreciated them from an artistic standpoint. I was thrilled to be able to see her Fall 2008 collection come down the runway at Bryant Park.


The silk ombre fabric was one of the most striking I saw at the tents.


A more subtle ombre, in silk satin faced chiffon.


Draping is in! hey Rami! These double-faced silk charmeuse dresses glinted like jewels under the lights.


The dresses were pretty, of course, but the gowns were subtly spectacular. This one was sheer and would require some pretty undies and pasties if worn in public. Or maybe a nice old-fashioned slip. :)


This antique gold silk sequin gown really must be seen to be appreciated. The only thing I would change would be the shape of the neckline. I think a straight armhole works more gracefully with a matching straight boat-neck.


The embroidery is on a layer of tulle over the red sheath. Gorgeous and exotic.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin