Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Swim 2009

Nothing is particularly new in the world of swimwear. Guess there's only so much one can do with so little fabric, huh? Fifteen designers showed their wares this past weekend in Miami for Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim 2009.

I found Cia. Maritima's cover-ups to be more interesting than the suits.

Custo Barcelona had some interesting pattern detail on a few of their suits. And I'd wear that cover-up, but with pants. Cute!

I'm not sure what to think about Diesel's overalls-style suit because I keep picturing it on Jessica Simpson. I very much like the stripes and plaid one piece. And look - when nerds swim!

I've been seeing a lot of this Missoni-esque wavy stripe; Luli Fama uses it for a cute cover-up. Their swimsuits were on the sexy side, and the large, graphic, almost giraffe-y print and this drapey red number are my favorites in the collection.

Red Carter had the most innovative styles, including this flirty-yet-bondage wet-look one piece. The men's stripey one-piece isn't the most masculine thing I've ever seen, and the neck of the bikini doesn't look very comfortable, but they would certainly garner second and third looks at the beach.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin