Friday, October 16, 2009

Boadicea the Victorious Seductive

When I think seductive, I think soft, round, vanilla, musk. The perfume meisters at Boadicea the Victorious must think sharp, biting, harsh. The initial blast of their scent called Seductive is a lot like huffing drain cleaner - the combination of mentholated mate and freshly tanned cowhide is rather caustic.

After a bit of time, the painful Ajax-like sensation abates, but does not totally disappear. The leather note is far too harsh and does not play well with the cool, bitter mate. The musk, which should be the star of this fragrance, is too little, too late. Honestly, I don't smell it at all.

I also don't find this scent the least bit seductive. Interesting, perhaps. Painful also. Not quite a scrubber, but I can't imagine trying more than a little dab of this as a novelty.

Notes: petit grain, green Mate, leather, musk, iris

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin