Thursday, September 24, 2009

CH Carolina Herrera

It's fitting that the day my Carolina Herrera at Fashion Week post goes up, I receive a sample of her new fragrance, CH. What's not fitting is that Ms Herrera allows her name to be associated with this scent.

When I think of Carolina Herrera, I think of elegance, of class, and of polka dots. :) But when I smell CH, I think of teenage tramps. It starts off fairly innocuously with a blast of citrus, but then quickly sinks into a mire of ultra sweet praline mixed with rotten fruit cobbler. It's clearly aimed at a younger crowd, one that might not wear Ms Herrera's clothing but is into smelling cheap and loud, like someone who would shop at Abercrombie & Fitch. (The blast of loud music and cheap fragrance that emanates from the doorway of that store repels me. I can't decide if those who shop there are brave or stupid.)

Notes: Italian bergamont, grapefruit, Sicilian lemon, Bulgarian rose, jasmine sambac, praline notes, cinnamon from Sri Lanka, sandalwood, suede, cashmere, amber

Giving the notes pedigrees doesn't make them smell any better.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin