Friday, June 20, 2008

Play Dress Up with theminx

The staples of my wardrobe are these Modern Flare Leg Pants and the 3/4 sleeve boatneck tunic, both from L.L. Bean. The pieces are versatile and take me from work to a nice dinner out with a quick accessory change. They are lightweight, but I've been known to wear the pants in the winter, and the top is great for layering.

Typically, I'd wear something around my neck to jazz up the plainness of the tunic. The necklace shown is from Minx Bead Jewelry, and one-of-a-kind. Or, I might opt for a silk scarf, like this one from Monsoon. The carved Corn Maiden earrings are Zuni, by Sandra Quandelancy, available at Native American Collections. Both the sterling and laboradorite, and dimpled sterling bangle are from Exotic India. For shoes, I love these Vaneli Shaines in khaki suede, or if it's raining, the Kate Spade Kirby flats, both available at Zappos. Just about any type of shoe works with the wide-leg pant, and you'll catch me in Birkenstock Gizeh thongs much of the time (I have a pair in khaki suede that perfectly matches these pants!)

What are your wardrobe basics?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin