Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Spring 2010 Couture - Valentino

After watching Valentino: The Last Emperor the other night, I am sad that the great designer had to retire. Alessandra Faccinetti showed no potential and lasted two seasons as Valentino's replacement. Now accessories designers Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pier Paolo Piccioli are taking the line in a different direction. Youth, always youth. Well, why can't youth appreciate the flowing beauty of the past?

I can't say that I hate this collection, because while youthful, it does retain some element of elegance. What I do hate is the Avatar-esque styling, particularly the blue. I feel it puts too much attention on the models and not enough on the clothes.

A puffy coat. How hideous.

This is too David Bowie for my tastes.

What do you think?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin