Friday, February 12, 2010

NY Fall 2010 Fashion Week - Daniel Vosovic

Project Runway season two runner up and All Star Challenge winner Daniel Vosovic presented his first non-PR collection at Fashion Week. While his All Star collection was primarily sporty sportswear, this one comprises looks that can be worn by anyone at any time. Shapes are simple, clean, and modern, with minimal color. The few print pieces in the collection showcase a fabric with an abstract graphic not dissimilar to the "volcano" fabric used in Christian Siriano's Spring 2010 collection, but that also evoke antique endpapers and, in the case of the blue-toned fabric, a heavily-veined piece of the mineral turquoise.

Here are some of my favorites from the collection. I especially love the grey suit, the black top with the bold shoulders and pockets, and the turquoise pants. Were I of the skin-and-bones set, I'd be adding many of these pieces to my personal collection.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin