Thursday, October 23, 2008

Whitney Gala 2008

The Whitney Museum held its annual gala and studio party on October 20th, hosted by Donatella Versace, and attended by celebrity and socialite alike.

Christina Ricci showed up in an Atelier Versace gown. Not quite sure how I feel about it. The black motif on the front reminds me of some sort of goth apron. The big oval motif on the skirt kinda also screams "womb!" The daring back that shows off Ricci's tramp stamp is...well, trampy. But I guess that's the point.

Actress Byrdie Bell rolled around in a piece of fabric, stapled it on one side, and called it a dress. It is interesting fabric, however.

Likewise, socialite Julie Macklowe rolled around in a pile of dirty insulation, added a belt, and ran out of the house.

(Hey - I wanna be a "socialite." That means "does nothing but the occasional charity work rich lady-who-lunches," right? But I want to be one with better taste in evening gowns.)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin