Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Minx Opal Design

I recently took photos of the fine jewelry I designed once-upon-a-time as part of my entry in the Baker Art Awards, and I thought I'd share some of them with you here.  

The top part of this pendant was once a ring. I got it at an auction for a pittance, even though it's 18K gold; however, the green stone I hoped was an emerald turned out to be glass.  I couldn't wear it as a ring because it snagged on everything, so I decided to transform it to something I could wear regularly. I had just purchased several small but beautiful opals, and one had a green flash similar in shade to the glass stone in the ring top.  Green sapphires and a tiny tanzanite were perfect color accents to the opal, and the diamonds add sparkle.  The dangle is a bronzy freshwater pearl with nice green iridescence.

I love this piece and when I worked in a better neighborhood, I wore it frequently on a long, skinny, 14K yellow gold snake chain.

Do you like it?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin