Thursday, February 18, 2016

Marchesa Fall 2016 RTW

I don't normally like Marchesa. It's too...frou frou, too girly, too ruffly...something. And this collection is too too as well, but in a wonderful way.

Designers Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig took inspiration from the paintings of John Singer Sargent, although their work is far more embellished, more over-the-top opulent, than anything in a Singer portrait (although you can see similarities in the first image with Sargent's painting of Catherine Vlasto.)




While that baby blue thing does nothing for me, these fancier numbers are more my style. Not that I have the body for this sort of thing...or the money...and certainly not the places to go that would require such costume. (My invitation to the Met Ball gets lost in the mail every year.)


I can see Salma Hayak in this red one...at the Oscars maybe?


This one looks a little odd in the photo, but moving down the runway, it was reminiscent of some sort of elegant sea creature.




Marchesa AW16
Inside Marchesa's Princess fantasy 󾓑󾁁: http://oak.ctx.ly/r/4b3i1
Posted by ELLE Australia on Thursday, February 18, 2016

What do you think? Please tell me in the comments.

Posted by theminx on Opalescentminx.com
Because of recent content theft, I am forced to add this new statement to the end of my posts: If you're reading this post anywhere besides the Opalescent blog, OpalescentMinx.com (also http://minxbeads.blogspot.com) then this content has been stolen. Please do not support this thief!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin