Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Prada L'Eau Ambrée

Since last Christmas, I've had a gift card for Nordstrom. Believe it or not, it was not burning a hole in my pocket. But when I sniffed a magazine strip sample of the new Prada L'Eau Ambrée, I knew what I'd be using it for. The gift set at left contains a 1.7 oz EDP, a same-size body lotion, and a .2 oz mini. At $76, it's a whole $2 more than a bottle of the EDP alone. Score!

I wasn't particularly taken with the original Prada, nor with the Infusion d'Iris, so I didn't expect to love this latest fragrance. It opens with a bit of citrus and something that reminds me a lot of how Must de Cartier used to smell. That fades quickly and I notice a spiky bit of patchouli poking out of a light ambery soup. It's not a powdery amber, nor is it what I think of as a "olive-y" amber (a la Ambre Sultan), but it is a little sweet and somewhat spicy.

At this point in time, the scent isn't particularly interesting or exciting, but wait for the drydown - then it becomes a lovely soft woodsy fragrance with an almost-gourmand bit of vanilla. Mmmm...my kind of scent!

Notes: bergamot, mandarine, lemon, iris, violet, May rose, gardenia jasminoides, patchouli, tonka, opoponax, vanilla, modern amber, heliotrope, benzoin

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin