Thursday, December 24, 2009

L'Artisan Parfumeur Safran Troublant

I'm taking a little holiday break from daily blogging, so I thought I might run some old fragrance reviews that readers of this blog may have missed.

Safran Troublant was one of those "love at first sniff" scents for me and I knew immediately it was "full-bottle worthy."

Notes: saffron, vanilla, sandalwood and red rose

Olivia Giacobetti has created many a wonderful scent for L’Artisan, including Tea for Two and Premier Figuier; Safran Troublant continues that tradition. The unique scent of saffron, exotic and a bit medicinal, dances with the sweet smell of red roses in what has become my favorite L’Artisan fragrance.

Safran Troublant manages to be spicy and creamy at the same time, like an Indian or Middle Eastern dessert, redolent of rosewater and other fragrant essences. Although not listed, I could swear there was some cardamom and cloves in there along with the saffron, and the vanilla gives an overall milky sweetness to the blend.

Apart from the initial burst of saffron that fades slightly in a moment or two, Safran Troublant is almost a linear fragrance in that it changes little or not at all as time goes by. On my skin, it remains a wholly delicious dreamy and exotic gourmand composition.

(Reprinted from Sniffapalooza Magazine; photomontage by the author)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin