Monday, December 21, 2009

Nest Holiday Candle

When I attended Sniffapalooza last Spring, I was able to attend the breakfast at Bergdorf Goodman. At that time, Laura Slatkin, formerly of Slatkin & Co., introduced her new line of Candles. I fell for the Holiday candle, which at that time was only available in a rather pricey set of votives. Lucky for me, I found a Holiday votive in my goody bag. Score!

I lit it for the first time while Mr Minx and I decorated the Christmas tree on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. With its notes of pomegranate, mandarin orange, pine, cloves, and cinnamon, it immediately made the house smell of Christmas. The pine/orange combo especially made me think of live trees (ours is artificial) and a pot of apple cider with orange cooking away on the stovetop. I loved it so much, I immediately bought a large size one for my candle-loving mother-in-law, and one for us as well.

The votive is supposed to have approximately 20 hours of burn time. We had ours going for at least 8 hours and only about 1/2" of wax is gone, so I'm thinking they can go much longer. The throw was great, but not excessive - our entire first floor smelled of pine, but not the second floor or basement. The unlit votive is currently on top of a cabinet in the dining room, and I can smell it every time I walk past.

If you like Christmassy-smelling candles, I highly recommend giving this one a try.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin