Monday, March 17, 2008

A Message to the Clueless

For those of you who don't realize it: this is a blog. My blog. A place where I express my thoughts and opinions on the matter of fashion. I am a blogger, not a newspaper critic, nor a reporter. I do not profess to be an expert in any field, although having been an artist most of my life, I think I have a pretty good eye. For the most part, my readership agrees.

I am not an ass-kisser. If I find a designer's collection to be unattractive, I'll say so; likewise, if I think it's gorgeous, I'll make favorable comments. I am not a herd-follower. Just because the press is having orgasms over some asinine trend or another doesn't mean the general public has to follow suit. Unless I happen to agree, I certainly won't.

There's really no need for comments - anonymous ones, mind you, from people who are afraid to stand behind their own words - informing me that I know nothing about fashion, or that as an insider, I should know this or that tidbit or be aware of any particular trend (such as the ridiculous one of wearing a windbreaker under a sports jacket). Let me assure you, I am not an insider. I do not work in the fashion industry, and Baltimore is about as "outside" as one can get. As for trends, one can find them eventually at Wal-Mart. Does that make them good fashion?

The bottom line is this: Opinions are like assholes; everybody has one, and everybody thinks everybody else's stinks. You may disagree with me, but please, don't try to tell me that my opinion is wrong.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin