Thursday, November 8, 2007

Chanel Jewelry

It doesn't appear that Karl Lagerfeld is allowed to get his leather-gloved hands on Chanel's jewelry lines, otherwise everything would be red, white, and blue (there are stars in the Cometes collection, however, but as far as I can tell, no stripes). The multi-gem collections strike my fancy, particularly Mademoiselle and Elements de Chanel.


I have a love/hate relationship with turquoise and coral. I love them both in Native American jewelry, but not so much in other styles. But in these very Deco-flavored pieces, I find both gems to be absolutely stunning, particularly when paired with similarly-colored companion stones like the pink tourmalines at the left and the aquamarines at right. The whitish stones in these pieces is cacholong, a type of common opal.


These pieces feature colored sapphires and other colored gems set in pink gold. Some stones are bezel-set, others appear to be faceted beads. I'm not sure what's going on with the ring--I'd love to see it on a finger--but I love the freeform shape and the combination of colors is wonderful. And I must admit that I really like the flower-shaped doo-dads.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin