Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Thinking About Fragrance - Changing Tastes

One of the problems with collecting perfumes, at least for me, is that the newest additions to my vast collection are the ones I tend to wear most often. Each successive purchase usurps the position of the one before and eventually I stop wearing some fragrances altogether. Sometimes it's because I'm completely bored with it, but mostly it's because my tastes have evolved and that old scent that was once perfect is now not so much.

For instance, I'm loving my Maison Francis Kurkdjian Cologne Pour le Matin, with its lovely citrus and lavender notes (I also smell candied violet, even if it's not listed), and Chanel Cristalle Eau Verte, an amazing fresh green scent - both purchased in the late Spring. But the Ava Luxe Gardenia Musk, Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue, and Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca that I adored in recent Summers have been largely ignored. This is partly because I have new loves, but also partly because I'm finding these scents too sweet to be refreshing enough in this hot weather. Another old favorite - Hermes Eau de Merveilles - is wonderfully salty and not at all perfume-y or sweet, so it finds its way into the rotation once every other week or so. But still not as often as in the past.

This week I'm trying to revive my interest in the old favorites by wearing a different one every day. On Monday I broke out the Light Blue; Tuesday was Gardenia Musk. Today is Chanel Beige. Unfortunately, I'm not thrilled by any of them.

Readers who are fragrance aficionados - do you find yourself falling into the same pattern as me, or are you pretty egalitarian in using your perfume collection?

Photo Credit: Corbis

Posted by theminx on Opalescentminx.com
Because of recent content theft, I am forced to add this new statement to the end of my posts: If you're reading this post anywhere besides the Opalescent blog, OpalescentMinx.com (also http://minxbeads.blogspot.com) then this content has been stolen. Please do not support this thief!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin