Monday, July 18, 2011

McQueen at the Met

Last Thursday I had the opportunity to see the Alexander McQueen show at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York and I have to say it was completely AMAZING. It was well worth the nearly 45-minute wait (with a full bladder). It was not only thrilling to get to see the designer's work up close, but also the curation. The genius of McQueen was given an elaborate set, each room with a different theme to match the garments and objects within, forming a rather magnificent whole.

I think my favorite room was the one themed "Romantic Gothic and Cabinet of Curiosities."

Just a few of the curiosities on display in the "cabinet."

For more information on the exhibit, which runs until August 6th, 2011, read the Met blog.

Posted by theminx on Opalescentminx.com
Because of recent content theft, I am forced to add this new statement to the end of my posts: If you're reading this post anywhere besides the Opalescent blog, OpalescentMinx.com (also http://minxbeads.blogspot.com) then this content has been stolen. Please do not support this thief!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin