Friday, March 11, 2011

Thinking About Fragrance: Fragrance Organization

I have always been more mentally-organized than physically-organized, which is not a plus when it comes to storing my ever-changing perfume collection. Generally, come Fall, I rotate out the fragrances that I consider to be best worn in warm weather, and bring them out again once I feel completely tired of Winter and the spicy, woodsy scents I wear in cold weather. The scents in rotation live in a basket in the linen closet. Unfortunately, not all of them fit at any given time, so some of them are left in the big cardboard box in the storage room. When I do my seasonal swap, I always find a bottle that makes me think, "damn! I would have worn this had I remembered I had it!" (The perfumista equivalent of "I could had a V-8!")

Some scents, of course, are suitable for wearing all-year-round, and I keep them - in their original packaging - on a shelf in the linen closet. All are unisex, so I encourage Mr Minx to wear them as well. He's got a number of fragrances, but for the most part, he sticks to wearing Obsession for Men in cold weather, and Bath & Body Works Woodland in the Spring and Summer. (The latter has been discontinued, but I bought up a ton of it as soon as the news came out.)

I know some people store their fragrance collection in refrigerators, or in curio cabinets. I'd love to do that, but don't have the space. How do you store your fragrances?

Because of recent content theft, I am forced to add this new statement to the end of my posts: If you're reading this post anywhere besides the Opalescent blog, OpalescentMinx.com (also http://minxbeads.blogspot.com) then this content has been stolen. Please do not support this thief!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin