Monday, April 21, 2008

YSL Elle

Notes: cedrat, peony, lychee, pink berries, freesia, jasmine, patchouli, vetiver, ambrette

Elle opens with a citrus topnote accompanied by patchouli and sweetness.  I don't ordinarily like patch, but somehow I am completely unoffended by its presence here.  In fact, I rather like it. On my skin, the rest of the scent is peony and some berries, all enveloped in that pleasant patchouliness.  And it reminds me a bit of Stella, with patch in place of the amber. 
I was prepared to hate this one.  The packaging is tawdry, and, in general, most department store fragrances horrify me.  But, I am almost ashamed to admit, this one had me at the first sniff.  I bought it Saturday, at Bergdorf Goodman, tempted by the gift card discount. I'm wearing it right now, and I can't say it was a mistake.

No matter that Chandler Burr raised an eyebrow at me over lunch when I confessed my purchase.  

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin