Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Favorites of 2009

Can you believe it's already 2010? It seems like just yesterday when the world was in a panic over Y2K and celebrating the turn of the millennium one year early.

I wasn't particularly impressed by a whole lot in 2009. New releases in the worlds of fashion and fragrance seemed a bit lackluster, probably because of the stinking shitpile known as the global economy. But there were some standouts here and there, at least to me.

Fragrance

Prada's latest, L'Eau Ambrée is slightly-chypre fragrance that really turned me on. And that doesn't happen with chypres.

Bond No. 9's Brooklyn is a zesty unisex scent, perfect for summer.

Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire has been dissed by long-time Guerlain fans as being too young and even "vulgar" but on my skin it's lovely and not too sweet. It smells rich and expensive.

Nest Candles, Laura Slatkin's new company, delivers high-quality, long-lasting scents. I particularly love Holiday and Moroccan Amber.

Accessories

I don't own any of these bags, but I'd sure like to.


Michael Kors large hobo python handbag.


Jimmy Choo Saba Cuff Suede Hobo in fuchsia.

Playing Dress-up


Christina Applegate at the Golden Globe Awards - beautiful color on her, gorgeous jewelry.


Meryl Streep is not known for looking stylish at awards ceremonies, but she was terrific in Alberta Ferreti at the Oscars.


Although Peaches Geldof does nothing for me, I love this dress she wore in Cannes.

Fashion Shows

Basso & Brooke's Fall 09 show

Versace Pre-Fall 2010.

Alexander McQueen Spring 2010.

Carolina Herrera Resort 2010.

What were your favorite fragrances/fashions/accessories of 2009? I'd love to read about them in a comment!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin