Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Costes 2

Notes: benzoin, Ceylon cinnamon essence, Turkish rose, Tunisian orange blossom, gaiac wood

The Hotel Costes' second fragrance, the imaginatively named Costes 2, is a light, fluffy creation, unlike the sultry original scent. It gives the effect of "white musk" but with tones of orange blossom and rose. A hint of spice and woods gives a little backbone to this otherwise lightweight and fairly synthetic-smelling scent.

There's something about this one that takes me back to my adolescence, to the smell of the shore house my family owned. My uncle lived there year round, and it may have been the smell of his aftershave mixed with the smell of wood paneling and cleansers. I know - weird, right?

It's pleasant enough, but I don't see myself shelling out $135 for it anytime soon.

Sample obtained from Luckyscent.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin