Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Penhaligon's Vaara

When I was in NY recently, I spent some time in Saks, sniffing their fragrance selection. I was struck by Penhaligon's Vaara at pretty much first sniff. It's a fairly bright fragrance, at least on my skin. It opens with a jolt of somewhat medicinal saffron with a lightly fruity quince background. Once the saffron note disappears, it's all lemony rose and freesia on top of a honeyed white musk with a hint of woods. Not groundbreaking, but very pleasant. And, I think, wearable year-round.

Notes: Quince, Rosewater, Carrot Seed, Coriander Seed, Saffron, Moroccan Rose Absolute, Bulgarian Rose Oil, Freesia, Indian Magnolia, Peony, Iris, Honey, White Musk, Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Benzoin Resin, Tonka Bean

Saks had it at $170 for the 100ml and $135 for 50ml. But why pay that much when FragranceX.com has 100ml testers for $69.99, and if you're lucky enough to have a 15% discount code (it's currently FX15), then it's only $59.49. And shipping is free.

You're welcome.

Posted by theminx on Opalescentminx.com
Because of recent content theft, I am forced to add this new statement to the end of my posts: If you're reading this post anywhere besides the Opalescent blog, OpalescentMinx.com (also http://minxbeads.blogspot.com) then this content has been stolen. Please do not support this thief!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin