Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Esprit d'Oscar

I wasn't a fan of the original Oscar fragrance. It was too bold and floral for me, and my grandmother would occasionally wear the body powder. I can't wear something that grandma wears! So when a flanker came out, some 34 years later, I thought I'd have no interest. An encounter with a scented magazine ad changed my mind.

Esprit d'Oscar is a cozy yet light scent, one I feel can be worn equally well in the summer as in the winter. It starts out lemony, with lots of heliotrope and some musk. The drydown is very orange blossom-y on my skin, which I  love. There is a strong similarity - at least in my mind - to Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere (but warmer) and Guerlain L'Instant Magic (but lemonier) and perhaps Shaal Nur (without the incense). People who like those fragrances, as I do, might well find Esprit d'Oscar is right up their alley. As I do.

Notes: Sicilian lemon, bergamot, citron, Egyptian jasmine, orange blossom, tuberose, musk, heliotrope, tonka, vetiver

Posted by theminx on Opalescentminx.com
Because of recent content theft, I am forced to add this new statement to the end of my posts: If you're reading this post anywhere besides the Opalescent blog, OpalescentMinx.com (also http://minxbeads.blogspot.com) then this content has been stolen. Please do not support this thief!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin