Thursday, September 29, 2011

Scent of the Day 9.29.11

I discovered Lady Greystock on a spur-of-the-moment trip to the mall. Anthropologie had a bunch of stuff I had never before sniffed, including a handful of fragrances by the company D.S. & Durga. Lady Greystock immediately struck me as one of those fragrances I had to have. Now.

The scent is somewhat old-fashioned, reminiscent of something I've smelled before. That could be due to its primary fragrance components - orris, violet, and ambergris - a rather old-fashioned combination. Even so, there's a fresh modernity to it, a simplicity. If I had to compare it to anything, I'd say Hermes Eau des Merveilles, because of the ambergris (but without the peppery citrus). It's really quite lovely.

I find myself reaching for this scent again and again. And again.

Sold only at Anthropologie.


Posted by theminx on Opalescentminx.com
Because of recent content theft, I am forced to add this new statement to the end of my posts: If you're reading this post anywhere besides the Opalescent blog, OpalescentMinx.com (also http://minxbeads.blogspot.com) then this content has been stolen. Please do not support this thief!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin