Monday, May 2, 2011

Royal Wedding Gown

I didn't watch the royal wedding (shock!) but did get to see shots of Wills and Kate on their happy day. While I thought his Irish Guards military uniform was a bit garish, it was what it was. Kate's duds, on the other hand, disappointed me. While I was happy to hear that it was made by Sarah Burton of Alexander McQueen, it didn't have any of the potential over-the-topness that a proper McQueen should have. Instead, it was vaguely reminiscent of Grace Kelly's dress from 1956. Pretty, but a snooze. 

Gotta say, though, it's 100x better than the monstrosity worn by Will's mum when she married Prince Charles 30 years ago.

Posted by theminx on Opalescentminx.com
Because of recent content theft, I am forced to add this new statement to the end of my posts: If you're reading this post anywhere besides the Opalescent blog, OpalescentMinx.com (also http://minxbeads.blogspot.com) then this content has been stolen. Please do not support this thief!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin