Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Thinking About Fragrance: Favorite Scents

I have far too many fragrances in my collection, which consists of full bottles, samples, and decants. Sometimes I even forget what I have until I stumble upon it. Take the other day, when I found a nearly-full bottle of Donna Karan Black Cashmere. I like that stuff - why don't I wear it more often?

That's a frequent thought.

Every once in a while, someone starts a "desert island" thread on the Perfume of Life forum. You know, "what 5 (or 10 or 20) fragrances would you want to have with you if you were stranded on a desert island?" I struggle with the answer, because my favorites change fairly often, and with the seasons. I'm the same way with food - I can't eat the same thing too often, because I tire of it. But after giving it considerable thought, here are some of my favorite scents - contenders at least for "desert island" fragrances (and always subject to change).

L'Artisan Parfumeur Safran Troublant
Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille
Hermes Hiris
Frapin 1270
Yves Rocher Iris Noir
Commes des Garcons Sweet Wood Coffee
Chanel No. 18
Bond No. 8 Andy Warhol Silver Factory
Etat Libre d'Orange Tilda Swinton Like This
Maison Francis Kurkdjian Cologne Pour le Matin

What are your current favorites?

Because of recent content theft, I am forced to add this new statement to the end of my posts: If you're reading this post anywhere besides the Opalescent blog, OpalescentMinx.com (also http://minxbeads.blogspot.com) then this content has been stolen. Please do not support this thief!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin