Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Pink Room Darkly Audacious

A few years back, I met The Pink Room owner Sarah Barton-King at Sniffapalooza, where she passed around a sample of her upcoming third scent, and I fell in love.

Every few months I'd check the Web site to see if that latest fragrance was available and every few months I'd be disappointed. Then, a couple of weeks ago, I received a sample of Darkly Audacious in the mail. Yay! While my memory of that initial sniff at the Country Café is a bit fuzzy now, I can still say that I love Sarah Barton-King's third scent.

Personally, I think it's neither dark nor audacious. It's a powdery woodsy scent with gorgeously subtle jasmine on a sweet vanilla backdrop. It's mostly warm and cozy, but on my skin there's an odd note that pops up in the middle, something wet and metallic. But it's just odd and not off-putting in the least.  But that's me, and my skin - your mileage may vary.

Darkly Audacious is available at MiN NY.

Notes: lemon, bergamot, rosewood, jasmine, rose, cashmere wood, plum, patchouli, incense, amber, tonka bean, vanilla

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin