Friday, June 25, 2010

Liz Claiborne Bora Bora Exotic

I was approached by PerfumeCenter.com to do a product review for the Liz Claiborne fragrance, Bora Bora Exotic, and I agreed. I was sent a full bottle, and here are my thoughts.

While I must first point out that fruity tropicals aren't my favorite type of scent, I could live with this one. The only note listings I found in teh Innerwebs were "violet, orchid, blackberry and rose," which may or may not be the case - why call a scent exotic when the ingredients are not? What I smell - and maybe I'm having nasal delusions due to the name - are more tropical fruits, maybe guava or passion fruit, two substances I would prefer to eat than to smell. They are usually far too cloying for my tastes, but somehow in Bora Bora Exotic, they are toned down. Present but not oppressive. There's also some rose and perhaps blackberry in there. Overall, the scent is a fruity floral, but, as far as those things go, a pleasant one without the now-ubiquitous patchouli note.

It could be a great scent for these dog days of summer. As I type this, it's 98F in Baltimore - at 10:30 AM.

PerfumeCenter.com sells 3.4 oz. EDP bottles of Bora Bora Exotic for $23.95. And if you use the promotion code "theminx" you can get an additional 10% off your order.

Note: I understand that some people are wary of ordering from unknown perfume e-tailers. I checked them out and PerfumeCenter.com has a 95% positive feedback rating as a third party merchant on Amazon.com. However, in keeping with my full disclosure policy, I have not personaly placed an order with this merchant.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin