Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A Trip to NY

I made a quick trip to NY last week in order to attend Bravo's The Fashion Show finale taping.

Merlin Castell being ushered into a white van after the show. No, it's not a van to the crazy house. At least I don't think it is...Johnny R was in there, too.

Of course I manage to squeeze in a few other fun things: a sniffing tour of the new goodies at Bergdorf and Saks; dinner at Otto with Laura K, David Dust, and the fabulous Roz;

(A white van, usually used to herd reality-show competitors from place to place, in front of Parsons. David and I snooped around but didn't catch Tim Gunn, Heidi Klum, or anyone who appeared to be a Project Runway Season 7 designer. Rats.)

lunch at Fraunces Tavern after the TFS show with Laura, Roz, The Scarlett, Nancy T, and Malan Breton; and shopping with Laura, Scar, and Malan.

Malan took us to Jeffrey, in the Meatpacking District. The store is a mecca for fabulous shoes, including Manolos, Louboutins, Gucci, Dior, Prada, etc.

I have no place to wear such shoes, so after trying on a few pair, I wandered over to the fragrance and cosmetic area at the front of the store, home to brands like L'Artisan Parfumeur, Chanel, and Comme des Garçons. I found a lone bottle of Six Scents No. 4 Gareth Pugh and snatched it up - I had been contemplating its purchase for a few weeks now and couldn't resist. As the Chanel rep applied some new eye and lip colors on me, we chatted about The Fashion Show and the Real Whoreswives of New Jersey. I don't watch that show (nor any of the Whoreswives) but I had seen the second part of the reunion and at least knew who the hated Danielle was. Plus she was at the TFS taping that morning, not surprisingly segregated from the rest of the Whores.

After Jeffrey, we wandered down the street to the Matthew Williamson store. His stuff is so gorgeous! Here are examples of his wares for sale, the first from Fall '09 and the second from Summer '09 collections.

Despite the fashionable fun, I was glad to get home to my darling hubby....

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin