Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Bond No. 9 West Side

Welcome! I've decided after, some hemming and hawing, to move the Fragrant Friday section of MinxKnits to a new home. I'm going to try to post here more than once a week...wish me luck!

For my first post, I'd like to review a rose-based fragrance (and I have amassed quite a collection of them, due in no small part to my Fragrance Fairy Godmother, Raphaella) that has stood out from the (quite sizeable) pack, and is a combination of some of my favorite fragrance notes.

Bond No. 9 West Side
Notes: rose, ylang ylang, peony, sandalwood, vanilla, amber, musk

Bond No. 9 pays homage to the great city of New York by marking every neighborhood with a scent of its own. Named after it's Manhattan address, Bond No. 9 is the brain child of Laurice Rahmé, a long-time resident and lover of the City.

My initial impression of West Side started with a boozy, almost liquorish, rose. Almost instantly, the rose takes a step backward to allow a sheer peony to come forward. And then finally, the entirety of the fragrance is bathed in a warm vanilla amber. Sweet, but not cloying, West Side is a delicious addition to the Bond No. 9 collection.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin