Friday, May 7, 2010

Barbie for the Home

When I was a little girl, I was definitely a Barbie girl. My favorite gifts were always Barbie dolls, Barbie accessories, Barbie clothes, etc. I had Malibu Barbie, PJ, Skipper, and Ken; Live Action On Stage Barbie in her groovy fringed jumpsuit; and Talking Julia, among countless others. When I was 10 or so, Mom and I went to a huge flea market held at Towson State University and found a treasure trove of 60s-vintage Barbies, clothing, and cases. I even scored a Ponytail Barbie, although I think she's #6 and not all that valuable.

I've sold most of my Barbie collection, apart from the Ponytail, a Midge, and a Ken from the early 60s. I simply have no room in my house for doll collections, but every once in a while one catches my eye. Like the Cyndi Lauper Barbie. And these amazing accessories from the new Barbie PLASTIC line, which went on sale 5/4:
Reinvention of the Philippe Starck's Louis Ghost chair, $650


Jonathan Adler “1959 Barbie Mirror” Hand-created for Barbie’s “Real” Malibu Dream House: $8,800 (WANT!)


“Fancy Footwear” Barbie Shoes Ring by Margaux Lange: $235


And for the man who has everything, a French-designed “Objet D’Art” Barbie Foosball Table: $25,000

You can buy any of these at http://barbiecollector.com/plastic or by calling 1-800-491-7514. And don't forget I want that mirror....

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin