Thursday, June 3, 2010

Scent of the Day 6.3.10 - Parfums 06130 Yuzu Rouge

I decided to not make this a Hermes week and chose a completely different perfume company today - Parfums 06130 (that's pronounced Zero Six Cent-Trente, as in the zip code for Grasse, France, a capital in the world of perfume).

Yuzu Rouge was one of the first perfumes I obtained when I started my frenzied exploration of niche scents back in 2007. I love the combination of citrus and tea with a touch of rose and find it slightly reminiscent of a scent I wore quite often when Mr Minx and I were still dating - Lancome Aroma Tonic. Yuzu Rouge is far more sophisticated and much lighter, without the zing of maté, but it has a similar citrus/tea vibe that I enjoy very much. And like Aroma Tonic, it's perfect for hot weather because it's as refreshing as a glass of ice water with a squeeze of lemon or lime. Refreshing, but not bracing, and not pungent. One can spray YR with abandon and offend no one few.

Notes: yuzu, tea notes, verbena, grapefruit, bergamot, rose

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin