Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My New Bags

I'm a purse-a-holic and have way too many of them. (Actually, that's a lie. I culled my collection earlier in the year and donated several of them to charity.) What I didn't have was a nice Spring/Summer workhorse purse, one big enough to hold all of my crap (spectacles, giant Marc Jacobs sunglasses in the fancy case Mr Minx bought me for Christmas, wallet, house keys, work ID and keys, iPod and various thumb drives, half a dozen lipsticks and glosses, etc.). That Michael Kors Beverly bag would have been perfect, had I a spare $1000 to leave in NY, but alas, that was not to be. So I checked Zappos.com to see what they had in the way of handbags/purses/totes.

I first saw this bag, Irving by Keen. It's made from recycled rice bags, lightweight, and absolutely huge. 20" wide x 13" high x 7" deep = too huge, actually. More an overnight bag than a purse. But how green and groovy looking - I had to have it.

Then I saw the Harveys Bags made from seatbelt material. This style is the large satchel, 13 1/2" wide x 5" deep x 7 1/2" high, the dual shoulder straps have a 10 1/2" drop. It's definitely big enough to hold everything I need to lug around, and I'm very happy with it. Because it's heavyweight nylon, it's easy to clean with a toothbrush and some liquid soap. And it's pink! I bought the last pink one in this size (it was on sale) so if you want your own in that shade, you'll have to find it elsewhere. But maybe you'd prefer the leopard print version...or the flowered one...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin