Tuesday, March 1, 2016

So How'd I Do?

Last week, I made some predictions about the fashions that we could see at the Oscars this year. Armani Privé, Chanel, Zuhair Murad, and Valentino are annually popular choices. I thought maybe we'd see a couple looks from the most recent Marchesa collection, too. And we did - we saw all of those designers represented, plus more. But only two of my picks from my Oscars post ended up on the red carpet, and one of my favorite Marchesa designs.

Julianne Moore, who is a fan of Chanel, wore a variation of the gown sported by Kendall Jenner at the fashion house's Spring 2016 Couture show. The long zipper-like row of beading down the front of the gown was removed, and the triangle above it was filled in. It also looks like the beads might be slightly different, although it's possible that it's a trick of the light.

Mark Ruffalo's wife, Sunrise Coigney, wore this smashing Valentino Couture gown, looking pretty much exactly the way it came down the runway. Coigney looked lovely. Ruffalo, however, needed a slightly bigger jacket.

Preggers Chrissy Teigen wore a Marchesa gown from the Fall 2016 Ready-to-Wear collection. It looks to have been specially altered to accommodate her baby bump. The sleeves seem longer and more embellished, and Teigen's skirt also has more ornamentation. Not sure why Chrissy wanted more glittery frou frou at the bottom. I prefer the original.

Posted by theminx on Opalescentminx.com
Because of recent content theft, I am forced to add this new statement to the end of my posts: If you're reading this post anywhere besides the Opalescent blog, OpalescentMinx.com (also http://minxbeads.blogspot.com) then this content has been stolen. Please do not support this thief!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin