Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Let's Ping Wu!

I met up with Project Runway season 7 designer Ping Wu at the American Craft Council show in Baltimore a couple weeks ago. Her booth was full of her innovative knitwear designs, all hand-crafted. Here she's modeling her "kiss" hat and a vest of her own design.

Among her cleverest designs are a "washable cashmere" and vegan leather scarflet, the butterfly scarf, that serves both as a neckwarmer and a substitute for a necklace. Also available in silk, the simple design is edgy and chic. While I visited, I noticed that people couldn't help but be drawn to her booth, where she was very happy to let people try on her products.

I fell in love with the gorgeous "2D" baby alpaca poncho (seen on the wall at the left side of the photo), which was super warm and cozy. And her chain scarf (seen behind her), is a statement piece that bridges the gap between scarf and jewelry.

Always fun to see Ping and chat with her a little. Also makes me want to get on the stick and produce enough to exhibit at the ACC show myself.

Ping Wu Design Studio

Posted by theminx on Opalescentminx.com
Because of recent content theft, I am forced to add this new statement to the end of my posts: If you're reading this post anywhere besides the Opalescent blog, OpalescentMinx.com (also http://minxbeads.blogspot.com) then this content has been stolen. Please do not support this thief!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin