Monday, June 20, 2011

Scent of the Day - Maison Francis Kurkdjian Cologne Pour le Matin

When I was a kid, I loved the candy Jujubes. For the uninitiated, they were hard little pellets, about the size of a pencil eraser, that one could chew if one didn't mind picking them out of one's teeth, but were best sucked. My very favorite were the purple ones, which were violet flavored. (Apparently they are grape now, but they still taste like violet to me.)

Cologne Pour le Matin smells to me like purple jujubes, even though violet is not listed as a note. Perhaps it's the combination of citrus, musk, and lavender that tricks my mind, I don't know. What I do know is that I LOVE love love this stuff and am glad it comes in a honking 200ml bottle because I'm going to use a lot of it this long, hot, sweaty summer.

Notes: bergamot, lemon, white thyme, lavender, neroli, musk

Posted by theminx on Opalescentminx.com
Because of recent content theft, I am forced to add this new statement to the end of my posts: If you're reading this post anywhere besides the Opalescent blog, OpalescentMinx.com (also http://minxbeads.blogspot.com) then this content has been stolen. Please do not support this thief!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin