Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Obsessed With Orange Blossom

When I was a kid, I received a set of variously floral Tinkerbell fragrances - lily of the valley, apple blossom, rose, and orange blossom. I was most definitely not a fan of floral scents and pretty much hated all of them at first sniff. I really wanted to like the orange blossom, because I loved oranges, but I really couldn't get around the fact that orange blossom really does not smell like the fruit.

Flash forward to the present day. I now love the scent of orange blossoms and perfumes based on that scent. Just goes to show you how tastes can change over the years.

Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM Pour Femme (orange blossom, ylang-ylang, cedar) was the first scent to start my orange blossom obsession. I like that it's sweet, but not cloying, and not heady, either.

Etat Libre D'Orange Divin'Enfant (orange blossom, marshmallow, rose, mocha accord, leather, amber, musk, tobacco) Divin'Enfant, on the other hand, is rather cloying, but I still love it. I tried it at Sniffapalooza a few years back with a generous spritz on the back of one hand. Both my friend AndrĂ©e and I thought it was a mistake for the first hour or so, but then I started to really enjoy it. Hours and hours later, it was less sweet, a bit more ambery, but still very orange blossom-y on my skin.

Most recently, I found Memoire Liquid Soleil Memoire (grapefruit, tangerine, red orange, neroli, sandalwood, white musk) to be my cup of tea. I was going to sniff the whole ML line but only got as far as the first one I picked up. The light and sweet citrus scent with lots of orange blossom is quite refreshing and I have been reaching for it a lot in these suddenly-steamy pre-Summer days.

Do you have a favorite orange blossom scent? Can you recommend more for me to try?

Posted by theminx on Opalescentminx.com
Because of recent content theft, I am forced to add this new statement to the end of my posts: If you're reading this post anywhere besides the Opalescent blog, OpalescentMinx.com (also http://minxbeads.blogspot.com) then this content has been stolen. Please do not support this thief!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin